Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LUSH Review

So, lately when I watch YouTube videos, I notice a lot of gurus raving about LUSH products and how they're soooo good. I decided I wanted to try some, but I was a little disappointed because I didn't think that we had a store in Hawaii. Lo and behold, we do have one at Ala Moana and it's actually been here for a while. I just didn't notice it because to me the store was always the "odd smelling" store.

Well, I decided to go inside the store and look around. At first I was turned off by all the products, because they just didn't smell good to me. Since they're all natural, I decided to just suck it up and buy something. First I just started off with the bubble bars, which are amazing! They actually smell good when you use it (not on it's own). The amazing thing is that they make a lot of suds in the tub, but when you're done, it washes off absolutely clean. There is no soapy or slimy residue left over. I use them with my daughter a lot.

Since the bubble bars was such a huge hit with me, I decided to try other products. I really needed something good for my hair, so the sales girl suggested these products:


This shampoo is actually made with beer and you can actually smell the beer (I don't drink, so this is a turn off for me). However, the beer smell doesn't stick to my hair and the end result is incredibly clean feeling hair. My hair has never gotten so clean of oil and product like it does with this shampoo.


Now, this conditioner everyone raves about. I actually thought this conditioner stunk really badly. However, the ingredients sounded good for my hair, so I decided to try it out. I have to admit that the smell grew on me and it does work really well. Your hair doesn't have that "buttery" feel that most conditioners give off, which at first made me think that the product wasn't working good. After using it for over a month, I have to say it conditions well and it's easier for me to wash out of my hair.



Now, this isn't a hair product, it's an exfoliating bath gel. I just used up the sample that I got in a free gift set from my last purchase. This is another product that I thought didn't smell good, but after using it, I honestly really loved the smell. There's sea salt in it, which makes a really good natural exfoliater. It lathers unbelievably well and the smell stayed in my bathroom forever! My bathroom smelled so good every time I used this it was like air freshener!


I happened to have noticed a theme of how I thought all of the LUSH products stunk at first. Which I really do think so. I never really bought much of anything because I thought the smell was awful. However, I did notice that once you use the product, for some reason the smell isn't that bad. Maybe it needed to mix in with my body oils? I don't know.....but whatever the reason, it does smell good when I use it.

Another plus is that these products last a pretty long time! The Retread lasts me one month for a jar and the I have had the Cynthia shampoo for a month and I've only used a quarter of the bottle. The Rub Rub Rub sample that I got lasted me about a month too and I only had the sample of it, can you imagine how long the bottle would last me? I was surprised to find out how little bit you need to use at a time. Which is a good thing because it's pretty expensive. It's nice to know I get my money's worth on these products.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I really love to talk about products that I love. If it works good for me, I figure it'll work good for anyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment