Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bye Bye Shu Uemura!

So, I just found out from Temptalia.com that Shu Uemura will be leaving the US. They haven't set a date yet, but once they leave, you can only buy the products online. How sad is that! I have been using the eyelash curler for eight years and now I can only buy it online? I replace my curler about 2-3 times a year and it's already $19 a pop. I don't think I want to add shipping into the equation...

I don't really want to become too dependent on something that will eventually become too expensive to obtain, so I think I'll start looking for a good dupe. I mean, they still have it at Sephora so I could go and buy out the whole store to stock up, but what about when I run out of that? I think it'll be better to just find something else...

I remember before I found out about Shu Uemura curlers, I used to use Shiseido. I thought Shiseido had the best curler until my makeup instructor told me about Shu Uemura. So, I think I'll buy one of those and try it out to see if it works just as good. The plus side is that Shiseido sells replacement pads for the curler (they used to be like $9 for 2, I think). So, that will actually end up being cheaper in the long run...

Oh well, I'm going to go buy a Shiseido curler on Thursday, so I'll let you all know how it works out with that one. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment