Friday, March 12, 2010

40 Beauty Questions...

I see girls doing this on Youtube and I thought it would be fun to do this in "blog" form! (^-^)/

SKINCARE
-How many times do you wash your face daily?
I only wash my face once a day (yes, I know...I'm lazy...)

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have very oily skin

-What is your current facial wash?
I use the MAC Lightful face wash

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes, I use this Angel-something facial cleanser from LUSH that acts like a gentle exfoliater

-What brand do you use?
LUSH ^-^

-What moisturizer do you use?
I use the MAC Lightful moisturizer (I only recently started using moisturizer because I'm getting old and I want nice skin as I age...)

-Do you have freckles?
No, but I have a lot of beauty spots on my face. I do have choke freckles on my arms though...

-Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I use the All About Eyes from Clinique and it works really well! It doesn't leave this oily residue on your eyes

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yup, I have very acne prone skin, it flares up once in a while

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No, I was considering it, but it wasn't really readily available in my teens when I had super bad acne. I use Clean & Clear and it works well for me. My husband used ProActiv and it failed miserably for him. Now, Accutane worked wonders for his skin

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
I use Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Light and I recently just started using the new Mineralized Foundation (the cream one) from MAC in NC37. I use that one when I want heavier coverage and I set it with my Bare Minerals. If I just want a light coverage I just use Bare Minerals. I highly recommend the Matte formula over the original one.

-How about concealer?
I don't really use concealer. If I do I use a basic one from Shiseido

-Do you know your undertone color?
I am actually a yellow undertone. Most makeup artists think I'm pink undertone because my skin actually has a pink tinge to it. However, my asian blood really pulls and makes my undertone yellow. If you try to put something pink based on my skin, it will look like Kabuki makeup. I cannot stress enough how important knowing your undertone is (it makes a huge difference when picking foundations)

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love fake eyelashes!......on somebody else of course! Fake eyelashes for some reason look horrible and drag-ish on my eyes...

-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, but I try to stretch mine out for 4 months because it costs close to $30.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
I use Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara. After years of trial and error this is the only mascara that makes my stick straight, down-turned lashes stay curled all day long. Literally, the curl doesn't not come out! Other mascaras that worked pretty well were Benefit Bad Gal and Buxom, but even these did not work as good as the Shiseido does.

-Sephora or MAC?
I love MAC, but I also love Sephora....tough decision, you cannot beat MAC's quality in products, but Sephora has so many different brands to choose from!

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Yes, I do!

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
I cannot stress the importance of good brushes, I also love Shu Uemura eyelash curler (the Shiseido is a good dupe), I also like to use disposable makeup sponge wedges and q-tips.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I like to use Soft Ochre or Painterly paint pots from MAC as a base

-For the face?
I start off with MAC Lightful Serum, then I follow with the MAC Skin Refined Zone and Dr. Brandt's Pores No More

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
I love anything brown

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I actually use MAC engraved powerpoint pencil followed by Fluidline in blacktrack. That combination makes an incredibly black finish that does not budge.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I've never poked my eyes before...

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I love pigments! I am slowly making a collection of pigments because I love them so much!

-Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes, I use for my foundation (see above) and I love the MAC mineralized blushes and MSF's

-What is your favorite lipstick?
I don't really have a favorite because I like to layer, but my all time go to would have to be MAC Viva Glam V

-How about lipgloss?
I also don't have a favorite for this one, but I really like MAC Lip Gelees (any of them)

-What is your favorite blush to use?
Nars Orgasm

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No, I don't trust vendors on ebay

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
When I was in high school I used to love drugstore makeup, but now I don't really like it. My MAC comes out to almost the same price as drugstore, so I rather buy that....

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
I really want to, but there's no CCO in Hawaii....boo...

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, and I did! I graduated with two certificates

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Surprisingly no, but I'm clumsy with everything else in life

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I really don't like it when things aren't well blended; I also don't like when the foundation is too light for the skin; I don't think some girls should wear thick, full, false eyelashes for every day use; I have more pet peeves, but I don't want to list them all....

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I prefer neutral shades on myself, but I love colorful shades! I just can't really pull it off...

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
Carrie Underwood (is that her name?) actually always looks stunning, I also think Kim Kardashian has great makeup looks

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
My eyeliner

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Oh yeah I always do when I'm feeling lazy, however, I look awful!

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
No, but I do get compliments on how nice my skin is (which I don't really agree with). One time a MAC artist thought I was wearing foundation (which I wasn't). I guess because I see myself everyday I can see all my imperfections. I hate my eyes, they look downturned, have no double eyelids, and are too small....

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
MAC

-What do you think of Makeup??
I love makeup, it can not only transform you but it will bring out and enhance your natural beauty. I love the look on people's faces after they have their makeup done. It makes you feel like a different person, pulls up your self esteem, and gives you unbelievable confidence. Makeup is an art form, which I don't think most people realize that...

No comments:

Post a Comment